ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Before applying, all candidates should consider carefully whether their professional and personal circumstances will allow them to participate in an intensive, four-week fellowship in China. Beginning a couple months prior to travel, Eisenhower Fellows must devote significant time to researching and preparing for their fellowship with an EF-CEAIE program team. All fellowship travel must take place with the group during the scheduled time, from approximately June 2 to June 30, 2018. Deferrals until the following year are not allowed.
Successful candidates typically display the following characteristics in their applications:
- demonstrate not only significant accomplishments within their communities and their professions but also high potential for growth and broader impact;
- propose a compelling fellowship program that takes full advantage of this unique opportunity;
- identify a project or initiative they intend to develop during the fellowship and are able to articulate how this experience will help them meet that goal and create positive impact; and
- commit to engage actively with the global Eisenhower Fellowship network throughout their lifetime.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
For the 2018 Fellowship, all candidates must submit their applications through the online application. Applications are due by 12:00am EST on September 1, 2017 without exception. To use the online application you will need to register using your email address and choose a password. You will be able to save an application in progress and complete/submit at a later time. A Word version is available for you to work on offline at your convenience.
Candidates who are selected as finalists will be invited for an interview with a joint EF-CEAIE selection committee in Philadelphia in December 2017.
Selection Timeline for the 2018 Zhi-Xing China Fellowships:
- June to September 1, 2017: Applications accepted via online portal on a rolling basis.
- September 1 to November 1, 2017: First-round phone interviews with selected candidates. Finalists will be notified of their status by November 6, 2017.
- December 5-6, 2017: Finalists attend in-person interviews in Philadelphia. All economy-class roundtrip transportation and hotel (one night, if necessary) are covered by EF. In-person interviews are required and cannot be done via Skype or telephone. As representatives from CEAIE travel from Beijing to attend these interviews, they cannot be rescheduled for any other day. If you cannot attend the in-person interview scheduled for you on December 5 or December 6, you cannot be considered for a fellowship.
- December 20 (or thereabouts): 2018 Zhi-Xing China Eisenhower Fellows notified of their selection
For a more detailed understanding of the planning process for an Eisenhower Fellowship and our official policies, take a look at the 2017 Zhi-Xing China Eisenhower Fellowship Manual. Please note that these policies are subject to change.