THE APPLICATION FOR THE 2020 USA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM IS CLOSED. please check this page in april 2020 for 2021 recruitment updates.
- USA Eisenhower Fellowship: Typically, ten to twelve candidates are awarded a four to five-week fellowship and typically visit one or two countries in the EF network.
- EF Agriculture Program: EF’s Agricultural Committee typically selects one Fellow each year -- an active farmer or rancher -- to visit one or two countries in the EF network.
Candidates for a USA Eisenhower Fellowship must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents. Competitive applicants generally fall within the age range of approximately 32 to 45 years old, as this is a fellowship aimed at ascendant mid-career professionals, not students or full-time academics. While we do consider candidates who are older or younger than this, the farther your age falls outside of this age range, the less competitive your application will be.
Before applying all candidates should consider carefully whether their professional and personal circumstances will allow them to participate in an intensive, four to five-week international fellowship. Beginning a few months prior to travel, Eisenhower Fellows must devote significant time to researching and preparing for their fellowship with an EF program team. All fellowship travel must take place within the calendar year of the fellowship for which Fellows are chosen. We do not permit deferrals to the following calendar year.
USA Fellows are able to decide the timing and their destination country or countries in consultation with EF staff in Philadelphia and EF country partners. We suggest that candidates consider and present more than one option for their fellowship travels, as first-choice destination(s) are not always feasible given the timing and other institutional considerations.
Successful candidates typically display the following characteristics in their applications:
- demonstrate not only significant accomplishments within their communities and their professions but also high potential for growth and broader impact;
- propose a compelling fellowship program that takes full advantage of this unique opportunity;
- identify a project or initiative they intend to develop during the fellowship and are able to articulate how this experience will help them meet that goal and create positive impact; and
- commit to engage actively with the global Eisenhower Fellowship network throughout their lifetime.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
Please check this page in April 2020 for recruitment updates.
Please note: All fellowships are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
For a more detailed understanding of the planning process for an Eisenhower Fellowship and our official policies, take a look at the 2020 USA Fellowship Manual. Please note that all policies and procedures are subject to change.